If you are married to a service member, you know that there are special places to shop on base that can make a trip to the store a bit more convenient. There are however, a few things to know before taking your first step into the Exchange, trust me...its not like ANY other store you have ever been in! I joke often that the military's policy is "Fix it till its broke, then fix it again." Meaning, if it is a perfectly running program, there is someone that WILL change it and ruin it! The same seems to go with shopping at the Exchange as it always has new policies! My input here will be short but check out the "Quick Links" below for all of the important information you will need to know about your new shopping ventures!QUICK LINKS
- While shopping at the exchanges, prices may vary by store, and there is no sales tax BUT there is a "stocking fee" of sorts (I don't remember the correct name) which is actually close to 10%!
- Remember to take your reusable bags with you to score 5¢ on each one you use – it will be deducted on your total purchase.
- The coupons on the AAFES facebook page will be honored at the NEX and you can read more about it here.
- You CAN stack these coupons with manufacturer coupons as well, so long the coupon does not state “only one coupon per product.”
- IMPORTANT - FOR YOUR SANITY please print a copy of the coupon policy so that you don't have to argue with the cashiers. If you have shopped at the Exchange, Commissary or ANY military establishment that is civilian run for that matter...you know why I heed the warning.
NEX COUPON POLICY
Satisfaction Guaranteed Return Policy
Your Navy Exchange wants you to be satisfied with your purchases. Our “Satisfaction Guaranteed” return policy means we will either issue a refund or make an equitable price adjustment when merchandise doesn’t live up to your expectations. (See guidelines below)
Your Navy Exchange understands the importance of hassle-free returns and pledges to make the process as smooth as possible. Please remember to save your receipt, cartons, packing materials, and any enclosed manuals.
- Merchandise purchased at a Navy Exchange can be returned to any Navy Exchange store.
- Merchandise must be returned within 45 days of purchase, with the following exceptions:
- Due to rapid changes in technology, we can only accept the following products for return within 14 days of the date of the sales receipt: Computers, computer equipment, software, and digital cameras in original packaging.
- Pre-recorded movies, music, video games, and computer software are returnable in original unopened factory sealed packaging. If defective, it will be exchanged for an identical item.
- Diamond jewelry is subject to appraisal before a refund may be given.
- Refunds without a receipt will be issued as a Navy Exchange Gift Card.
Price Matching PolicyWe will match the price of any identical in-stock item sold in any local store - same brand, manufacturer, size, and model number. There are two types of “price challenges” accepted at your Navy Exchange:
Advertised Item: Simply bring in the current, local competitor’s ad for the identical item and we will match the price. If there is a price difference greater than $50, it requires supervisor approval.
Verbal Challenge: Just tell us that you saw an identical item at a lower price in a local competitor’s store and we will match a difference up to $5 on the spot. A greater price difference requires model and price verification by a supervisor.
- Concession-run operations, Commissary prices, fine jewelry items, special orders, gasoline, automotive parts and labor/service charges.
- Double and triple coupons, going-out-of- business sales, flea markets, clearances, and percent and dollar off specials.
- Internet sites, mail order catalogs, including the Exchange Mail Order Catalog.
- NEX does not match an item that includes either a manufacturer’s or retailer’s mail-in rebate.
The NEX will match the pricing of current mail order catalogs and e-commerce (Internet commerce) of the following retailers: JC Penney, Sears, and Wal-Mart. Shipping and handling charges, if applicable, are to be added to competitor’s retail.
Low Price Guarantee
If within 14 days of your purchase, the identical item is offered at a lower price by your Navy Exchange or a local competitor, we’ll refund the difference. Just bring in a copy of the advertisement and your receipt to the customer service counter.
We try to have every advertised item in stock. If out-of-stocks occur, we offer a substitute item at a comparable savings. This excludes limited quantity and special-purchase items. If you do not want the substituted item and the original sale item is still available from the manufacturer, we will place a special order for you at the sale price without a special order fee.
For the full version of the NEX Customer Service Programs and Policies head over here.