Targets Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores.
- Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
- Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons
- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
- We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
Gift Card Deals
These are deals where you buy the advertised item(s) and receive a gift card when you are checking out. They will advertise many of these in their weekly ad, but not all. Sometimes these can be money makers when combined with coupons. You cannot use this gift card on the transaction you got it in. You can do multiple gift card deals in a transaction. You can also do multiple transactions throughout the sale and use gift cards from previous deals.
Temporary Price Cut
A Temporary Price Cut is abbreviated with TPC. These are unadvertised sales which can only be found by looking at the signs on the products in the store. Sometimes these can be regional so if something is on TPC at one store, it might not be at your store or it might be on TPC for a different price....so if I post about one, it may or may not be at your Target even if you're in the next county over.
Price Matching Policy
Target will price match a lower price in a current ad for a local competitor’s store. The item must be identical and you have to bring an original competitor’s ad (you cannot use a photocopy or a mobile version). Also, Target coupons are applied before the price match so it is useless to use a Target coupon when you are price matching. Manufacturer coupons are applied after the price match.
If you buy an item and then discover it is on sale cheaper at another store, you have 7 days to bring in the ad and your receipt to do a price match.
For more specific details on Target’s price matching policy, check it out here.
Target will offer price adjustments within 14 days of your purchase (excluding clearance).
Target offers rainchecks for many sale items. If you do not see a tearpad of rainchecks next to the item you are looking for, you can go to customer service and ask for one. You cannot get a raincheck for a TPC.
You can use one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item. You can get Target coupons from many different places:
- Sunday Papers: There will be Target coupons in the Sunday paper, a few every couple weeks or so. They are regional, so you may or may not get them in your paper.
- Home Mailers: If you get on Target’s mailing list, consider yourself lucky because there is no specific method for how to get on it!
I was wondering how I got on it, maybe having a Target card?
- Target Web Coupons: Go to Target.com to see what store coupons are currently available on the Target website.
These coupons can be either Target store coupons or manufacturer coupons. You can tell if a coupon is a store coupon or a manufacturer coupon without printing, although it is different for each browser. It involves looking at the URL of the picture.
- Manufacturer Coupon (has the name of the manufacturer) – http://partners.e-centives.com/partners/slimfast/categories/pli00283891_611_100_72.jpg
- Target Store Coupon (has the word Target in it) – http://partners.e-centives.com/partners/target/categories/154_acnefreesevere_rd3_c6_100.jpg
- Target Mobile Coupons: Target coupons that are sent to your web-enabled phone through text message. You will get a message with one barcode and several offers. The barcode can be scanned multiple times so you don’t need to use all the offers in one transaction but each offer can only be used once.
- You can sign up for Target mobile coupons here. Standard msg and data rates apply.
Markdown Schedules for Clearance and Holidays
- Markdowns at Target are done by departments. Ask at your local Target to see which day items in each department will be marked down.
- Holiday markdowns (excluding Christmas) follow the 3-3-2 day rule. The first 3 days after the holiday are 50% off, the next 3 are 75% off and the next 2 days are 90% off.
If you wish to contact Target with a comment, praise, or complaint about a visit, you can call or email guest relations.
- Phone: 1-800-440-0680
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The majority of this 101 is thanks to Enchanted Savings, she REALLY knows her stuff!