Welcome to my blog! I'm Natalie, military wife on a military budget! I don't have human children, but I do have Penelope, my bull dog!
I started My Sinful Savings to share
the best prices, coupons, bargains, and deals I can find -- with you! If you're new around here, head on over
to Coupon 101 and you too can master the art of saving on EVERYTHING...because with this economy ...its a sin to pay full price!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BAD Albertsons Experience!!! PLEASE READ AND PASS ON!

I am shocked, embarrassed and ashamed that in a nice part of southern California anyone would deliberately make someone else look bad in front of an entire store of people! Here is what happened...

Yesterday, with my mother, we did what we always do, ran around and bought the deals I often post about. Our last shopping trip of the day was Albertsons. Right now there is a B1G1 coupon for Foster Farms Chicken that is a STORE coupon on the back of their savings book, which I wanted to take advantage of. I also wanted to take advantage of the Coffee Mate creamer that was 2/$5 that was normally $5 ea. I broke my transactions into 2 parts so I was able to use 2 doublers and maximize my savings. As with most stores (grocery, drugstore and superstore) Albertsons coupon policy clearly states that ONE Store and ONE Manufacturers coupon was allowed per item. It unclearly states that it can't be used on free items, so I can kind of let that pass...BUT...here comes the horrible part.....

I was at the checkout and handed my "stack-o-coupons" to the cashier and she insisted that she could not take 2 coupons for any one item regardless of its a store store or manufacture coupon. I stated my claim (as we all do) that no, I believed that the corporate policy stated otherwise. While I can be a hot head, I am NEVER a hot head when it comes to coupons, I assume ALL cashiers are ignorant as we all should and try to come to an agreement. Well, this was different, first, she loudly told me how wrong I was and I didn't know what I was talking about and THEN called a manager on the phone after continuing to glare at me. He was 2 aisles over checking out customers and I could hear him say "I don't know what the policy is." Of course, Ms. Helpful Cashier told him what the policy in her opinion was and didn't give him a chance to speak, SHE however spoke so loudly, at this point the entire 30+ people around were staring at me like I had committed some kind of crime. She proceeded to tell the manager how it was, then hung up and turned back around...rambled more about how I was wrong and wasted a good 5 minutes of my time just about that.

I don't mind being wrong, I don't mind being told no, but to be made a fool in front of a large amount of people when I am not only right but trying to get a resolution is absolute garbage. I am planning to copy and paste this post to the district manager along with the copy of the western corporate coupon policy which I have included in this post as well as it has been added as a comment in my last Albertsons store coupon match-up. I had read somewhere that Albertsons was a confusing and frustrating store for coupons, but I was hoping my experience would be different....I am sorry to say that is not the case and I will not be returning to that Albertsons for quite some time and continue shopping at the other stores I generally do.

I hope no one else has this problem, but this is a classic scenario when having a corporate coupon policy is important to keep with you, at ALL times, especially when shopping at a store that has one that is as clear as Albertsons. To view the full size of the policy, click on the images and each page will open full sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment